Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (#2)

(First of all, I would like to apologize for not posting for some time now. Although I know that thousands of people don't pour down my posts, it feels nice to have somebody reading my posts. School has been keeping me busy, you know, with my Asian-ness and all. So without further ado . . . here is another Waiting on Wednesday post.)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event . . . well, happening every Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. We post and goggle at books we want to check out, love, and are needed in our hands ASAP. And this week? Why, no other than the fan-freakingtastic Girl of Nightmares.


It's been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost-hunter Cas Lowood can't move on. 
His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live--not walk around half dead. He knows they're right, but in Cas's eyes, no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with.Now he's seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he's asleep and sometimes in waking nightmares. But something is very wrong...these aren't just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears.Cas doesn't know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn't deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it's time for him to return the favor.




Oh my unicorns.


ICAN'TSTOPMYSELFFROMSQUEALINGATTHEAWESOMENESSOFTHECOVERNADTHEBLURBOHMYUNUNICORNSWHYKENDRABLAKEWHATDIDIEVERDOTOYOU

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious by now how much I obsess over it want to read it.

Seriously though. I fell in love with the first book for the characters, plot, and the romance that (surprisingly) wasn't another InstantLuv Microwave Meal. In fact, it ranked in my personal top ten list of favorite reads last year. Although this is probably the wrong thing to do, I'm judging this book by its cover. And with the cover with that amount of gorgeousness--the small detail like the figures in the water! Anna's freaking face!--it has to be EPIC.

Right? Anyone with me?

. . . *crickets chirp*

Aw, come on, guys!

2 comments:

  1. EEEPPPP!!! Totally can't wait for this one as well :D :D :D I loved Anna Dressed in Blood, and am DYING to find out what happens in this one! Great WoW pick and I'm a new follower <3

    Rabiah
    Confessions of a Readaholic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read that one yet, but sounds interesting. :)

    btw, I nominated you for the Versatile Blog Award. Here's the info: in my blog.

    ReplyDelete